Visit your local all-season farmers’ market and you’ll see that carrots, onions, and garlic are plentiful, even during the winter season!
What better way to use those carrots , onions and garlic then to make a hot and hearty carrot soup to keep your warm on those cold winter days?!
Ingredients:1 Tbsp butter 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 medium onion, chopped 1 stalk celery, chopped 2 (or more!) cloves garlic, chopped a Tsp Thyme or parsley 5 cups chopped carrots 2 cups water 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth 1/2 Tsp salt Black pepper, to taste
- Heat butter and oil in a pot over medium heat until butter melts.
- Add onions and celery; cook, stirring occasionally until softened (approximately 6 minutes). Add garlic and thyme/parsley.
- Stir in carrots. Add water and broth and bring to simmer over high heat. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes, until carrots are tender
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth. Be sure to use caution!
- Stir in salt and pepper, serve, and enjoy!